In March, Logan and I welcomed our baby boy into the world. Shepard is the sweetest little thing. He is every bit of perfection in our eyes. For a mama that didn’t think she would love him as much as her dogs (more on that later), he has been everything we could have ever hoped for.
This is our first Christmas with him and since I’m still learning the ropes of this whole “raising a human” thing, I’ve been a googling-fool trying to figure out what he would “want” or “need” or if I should just not worry about it since he is only 9 months old. Quite frankly, I know deep down that I could rip the tags off of every item in our house and put them in a box and he be content for the rest of the year, but that’s no fun!
I’m so picky when it comes to toys for Shep. I’m so much more of a quality vs. quantity person anyway, and frankly, I don’t want a bunch of plastic crap toys laying around my house. So here are the toys/items I have deemed “officially not plastic crap toys” that I would actually like to have lying around the house.
1. MELISSA AND DOUG STACKING TRAIN | This is the first gift I actually purchased to be under our tree. Shepard loves wooden blocks, so I thought the colorful train would be a great classic. Melissa + Doug is a great brand. I find their stuff commonly at TJ Maxx, but I’ve linked Amazon because it’s just as cheap.
7. LILGADGETS CARBUDDY UNIVERSAL HEADREST TABLET MOUNT | This is a definite we are purchasing for Shep. The day after Christmas we head to the beach. He is getting to the age where he isn’t just sleeping in the car anymore. This mount fits any smartphone or tablet. Perfect for playing movies for long car rides!
3. VULLI SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE | Sophie has been a part of the Callahan family since the beginning of Shep’s life. She has been his ride or die, but sadly we recently had to part ways because she looked like she’d been swimming at the bottom of the dump. Shep’s getting a replacement of this magical teething creature for Christmas. I know the price seems steep for a teether, but she is truly a necessity. Don’t ask me why. Just buy it and thank me later.
4. OLD NAVY SUEDED FRINGE MOCCASINS FOR BABY | Shep wears these all. the. time. They are super cheap, super easy to get on, and super stylish! MUST HAVE for your girl or boy!
5. INFANTINO TEXTURED MULTI BALL SET |Shep loves these types of balls. They are also great for little teethers. The colors are bright, but muted. Perfect for baby and mama’s taste!
6. BABY PAPER | For all of those babies that love tags, tags, tags. This one’s for you. Cheers! But really, is anyone else thinking “why didn’t I think of that?” These are hand made and have been featured on CNN and CBS news outlets. I have linked the break-down to purchase in your state. We purchased ours at The Kangaroo Pouch in Myrtle Beach.
7. CHRISTMAS IN THE MANGER BY NOLA BUCK | Logan and I are big readers. We have always loved to fill each other’s stockings with books. Shep loves to read (and try to eat) books, too! Studies show that it is literally never too early to start reading with your child. I have gotten Shep a handful of Christmas books from TJ Maxx and Homegoods for such good prices. I linked this example from Amazon. In our home, we celebrate the birth of Christ and the gift that he would bring of our salvation! I really would love to be able to start Shep off with the true reason of Christmas, so I think something like this is a must.
8. BRIO RATTLE KIT | My dad recently purchased these for Shep at HomeGoods. These are a wooden rattle from Holland. They are bright and sturdy; Shep loves to shake and teeth on them. Best part? I found them on Walmart.com for you!
9. SIMILAC SENSITIVE FORMULA | Formula is expensive. A full tummy is a gift, right?
What are you getting for your little ones for Christmas? Is there something that is life changing that I haven’t listed? I’d love to know in the comments below!